Social media has become the universal domain for both recruiters and job seekers alike. Social media websites are essentially storefronts in the new marketplace for jobs.
As the global leader in HR solutions, Adecco wants to better understand how people interact in this new marketplace: how they search for jobs, which platforms they use and how they present themselves online. This is why we’ve completed our first global study on the use of social media in recruiting and job search.
About the study
Developed by Adecco Group in partnership with the Catholic University of Milan, Italy, the study is the most comprehensive research of its kind to date. Responses from 17,272 job seekers and 1,501 recruiters from 24 countries were collected. The topics of research include:
- The use of social media for professional purposes
- The effectiveness of social media in the matching of job seekers with open positions in the job market
- The relevance of web reputation and its impact on recruiting
- The social capital of individual candidates
- How recruiters explore the web when looking for a candidate