“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn”. – Benjamin Franklin. This quote greets visitors to the training center at our corporate offices. I am spending the week with a group of new hires in our quarterly Technical Recruiter training class. I am always struck by this quote […] Read Article “Integration vs. Orientation: How to Make New Hires Successful”
The economy, while still by no means great, is improving slowly but surely and as such, new opportunities are springing up all across the country. But where do you go and why? Based on data from the U.S. Department of Labor and Adecco’s own internal data on job growth and demand, we compiled a list […] Read Article “The Ten Best Cities for Finding a Job NOW”
According to the “The Employment Situation – May 2012” report, hiring dwindled for the third consecutive month in May, as only 69,000 jobs were added to the national economy, the lowest monthly total since June 2011.
For the second straight month, 342 of the United States’ 372 metropolitan areas reported year-to-year unemployment rate decreases, according to the BLS’ “Metropolitan Area Employment and Unemployment – April 2012” report.
Private sector hiring was a bit disappointing last month, as only half of the nation’s 10 major industry groups reported employment increases. In all, the construction, government, information, leisure and hospitality, and professional and business services industries recorded job losses in May.
From December 2011 to February 2012, the national economy generated an average of 252,000 new jobs per month. Since then, only 96,000 new jobs have been added to the economy each month, on average.
When I took on my new role as On-Site Manager, I inherited my very first employee-with-a-dotted-line responsibility. I’m not technically her supervisor; but she will look to me for training, guidance and new tasks. They often say that people don’t leave jobs: they leave bosses; so I was intent on making sure that she would like […] Read Article “Management & Job Design: How to Ensure Your Employees Actually Like Coming to Work”
Recruiting is like baseball; hit the ball with a small wooden bat 33% percent of the time and you are an all-star. You might fail the other 67% of the time but it will be your failures that you’ll learn from and eventually drive your success. Everybody wants to win and while winning isn’t everything […] Read Article “Knowing How To Win and Learning How To Lose”
Believe it or not, it has been 30 days since our social media tips comment contest started! We’d like to send a big thank you out to everyone who submitted a suggestion and offer our congratulations to Christi Karvasek! Christi, you’ve just won yourself a $25 Dunkin’ Donuts gift card–enjoy! Someone from our team will […] Read Article “Winner of the Social Media Career Tips Comment Contest”