The word on the street is this – it’s a candidate market.
What does that mean?
It means that today’s job seekers have the power to accept or deny job offers much more liberally than they did last year – or just a few months ago. The current unemployment rate is hovering around 5.5 percent, which means less qualified candidates applying to your job openings and more employees seeking higher positions.
This rings especially true within the areas of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
If you’re a job seeker within these fields, you’ve got it made. But if you’re trying to recruit or hire in these areas, you may come upon some obstacles.
- Qualified job seekers are accepting jobs with your higher-paying competitor
- Not-quite-qualified job seekers are applying for jobs beyond their skill set
- The overall number of candidates applying to STEM jobs is shrinking
- Qualified employees are shopping around for higher paying jobs, because their skill sets are in demand – this could mean your employees are too!
To learn how to combat these issues, register for our upcoming webinar, “Acquire and Retain Talent, Despite the Skills Gap” 1:00 p.m. EST | Tuesday, May 19
In our webinar, you will:
Receive HRCI Recertification Credit
By attending our webinar, you’ll receive a valuable HRCI recertification credit to go towards your continuing education.
Gain valuable tips on how to acquire and retain top STEM talent
We’ll help to answer the following questions:
- What is the skills gap?
- Which fields are experiencing a “gap”?
- How do you measure the skills gap?
- What are the potential solutions?
- How can employers find effective training programs and retain employees after they invest in them?
Learn retention techniques
You’ll learn how to provide successful and cost-effective training programs for your employees – and how to keep your company growing with the right employees!
Hear from expert panelists
We’ll have the best in the biz sharing their recruitment and retention techniques from both sides of the desk. Each of our experts knows a thing or two about finding talent – and they’re ready to answer your questions. Our panelists include:
- Gary Beach – Advisor, Massachusetts High Technology Council; Publisher Emeritus, CIO Magazine
- Lou Franco – Software Industry Veteran
- Jesse Wright – Senior Leader in Technical Staffing Recruiting and Sales, Adecco USA
Beat the skills gap. Beat the competition. Reserve your spot at our free webinar now.